Thursday 24 November 2011

It's just not cricket!

Can this be true?

We [the England and Wales Cricket Board] also have to comply in 2012 with the IOC’s requirement that no other international sport can be staged during the Olympics and Paralympics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/8912828/Test-cricket-will-only-thrive-if-matches-remain-enthralling.html

Who says? Can the British Olympic Association, or any of the myriad quangos that seem to have been set up to run the London games, bind the ECB (and all other sporting bodies)? I don't see how. Or has Cast Iron Dave or Broon or Bliar before him passed a law while no-one was looking?

I call upon and any of my American, Australian or French friends or relatives to help me flout the decree of Count Jacques Rogge, by challenging me to a game of Real Tennis at Hampton Court Palace next August. I feel sure the ghost of King Henry VIII will protect me: he knew how to treat foreign potentates who would make laws in our sceptred isle; especially when it came to restricting his right to engage in fun and games with whomsoever he pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment